The Virginia Landmark and Historic Edgar A. Long Building circa 1940's. Built in 1927, the building is named after CI Principal Edgar Allen Long.
Long was a graduate of Tuskegee Institute and came to Christiansburg, Virginia, in 1895. He dedicated over 25 years of his life to the good work at Christiansburg Institute and was recognized as a statewide leader and educator.
CI Girls Gym Class, pictured inside the Edgar A. Long Building.
Booker T. Washington spoke to thousands at Christiansburg Industrial Institute on June 25, 1909.
Principals Charles L. Marshall and Edgar A. Long pictured with
family and Christiansburg Institute faculty.
Described as the flagship building of the Christiansburg Institute campus, Baily- Morris Hall was a 4-story girls dormitory building that housed a library, assembly hall, infirmary, over 25 bedrooms, and a principals office.
Christiansburg Institute Museum & Archives (CIMA) preserves the expansive material culture and thousands of historic artifacts from Christiansburg Institute's impressive 100-year history.
CI, Inc. shares the school's history in local and regional publications.
THE FIRST HIGH SCHOOL IN SOUTHWEST VIRGINIA TO EDUCATE THE FORMERLY ENSLAVED
JOIN US IN PRESERVING THE REMARKABLE STORY OF THE CHRISTIANSBURG INSTITUTE
Your generous support helps us champion African American education and empowerment by:
BLACK HISTORY MATTERS
125 Arrowhead Trail, Suite F | Christiansburg, VA, 24073
Christiansburg Institute, Inc. is a tax-exempt non-profit organization, under the section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, therefore all charitable donations are deductible to the full extent allowed by law.
Having trouble donating? Contact us at email@example.com or 540-394-5001